The curriculum at Hallmoor School is based on the National Curriculum and the Birmingham Curriculum Statement. All students will be offered a broad and balanced curriculum with individual pathways through school leading to appropriate accreditation linked to pupil’s aspirations and abilities.
The curriculum strives to ensure that students make good progress academically, whilst developing independence skills for later life, and a continued focus on communication in the most appropriate form for the individual.
Students are supported in their learning by a range of teachers and teaching assistants, including subject specialists, and are encouraged to engage in all subject areas to gain a broad understanding of the world.
Phonics scheme used in EYFS and KS1
Read, Write Inc
Key Stage 4 courses available to pupils
- AQA ‘Step Up To English’ : Silver and Gold award (Entry Level 1-3)
- AQA Entry Level Certificate in Maths (Entry Level 1-3)
- GCSE Ready and Level 1 and Level 2 courses in English and Maths
- Edexcel Functional Skills in ICT (Entry Level 1 – 3)
- OCR ELC in Science (Entry Level 1-3)
Post 16: the 16-19 qualifications we offer
Open College Network West Midlands:
- English – OCN Entry 1 to Level 2
- Maths – OCN Entry 1 to Level 2
- ICT – OCN Entry 3 to Level 1
- Employability – OCN Entry 3 to Level 1
- Living Independently – OCN Entry 1 to Entry 3
- Vocational options – OCN Entry 1 to Level 1 – Horticulture; Manufacturing; Catering and Hospitality; Leisure; Retail; ICT/Media
To find out more about our curriculum, please contact: Elizabeth Bradley-Adams, Assistant Headteacher firstname.lastname@example.org
To discuss your child’s options with our careers leader, please contact: Elizabeth Bradley-Adams, Assistant Headteacher email@example.com – 0121 803 1620
At Hallmoor School the staff and children promote and practice British Values across the curriculum and in all we do every day as part of our immersion in the principles set out in the Birmingham Curriculum Statement and our British Values overview.